Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Cee

Today, seeing the sea, the atlantic sea, was very special to me. A moment of fully realizing the distance that I had covered.
A great feeling of completion.

Walking today, took me to many of my walking moments of the camino. 
My first day of walking, from Sevilla to Guillena. Leaving Sevilla early in the morning, crossing a neighbourhood of gypsy families. Seeing this one family riding in a wooden chariot, pulled by a horse and waving at me, as I passed by. 
It had been raining the previous days in Sevilla before I left, some creek crossings were very difficult or not passable. 
Specially one in particular, that later I heard very funny stories of how other piligrims had crossed it !!
There were two options to take. One taking the risk of walking in water and deep mud...or walking an extra 8 km to go around it... 
At the point of making the decission, I met two German men, that were walking the camino to study bird migrations, and they chose the extra 8 km walk. I then also decided to do the same. That first day of walking was so long for me, in the hot sun, that when I arrived in the albergue, I lay in my bed and did nothing else than rest. 
Deep rest.
I also remembered that to walk from Sevilla to Guillena there were two routes. One, by walking an area that piligrims had written about, the high possibility of meeting loose dogs or by walking a much more solitary area and not well marked....
All those moments are now camino memories for me, that I will not forget.

And now....here I am in Cee, 1080 km further, by the sea, eating a fish caserole and eating chocolate ice cream for dessert.
At the start of the camino, it took me three days before I started writting about my journey, as when I would reach the albergues I was too tired and rested instead.
Now I am very happy that I started writting and very thankful to Mary from Victoria, who suggested and offered to start  a Via de la Plata blog, with my writings and pictures. for information to other piligrims. 

My blog  naimawalking@blogspot.com  is also a great memory for me to have, of this journey that I had not imagined to be so incredible, beautiful and important in my life.
Thank you so much Mary. !!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment