Thursday, March 23, 2017

Baños de Montemayor

There is a stretch coming up passing by Caparra of 40 km with nothing in between and quite a bit of road walking....I made the decision this morning to take a bus to Placencia, a beautiful small city 15 km from Galisteo, and from there another bus to Baños de Montemayor. As the name says....it has hot baths!



The weather has been raining, snowing at 400+ meters, and I have developped a small blister from road walking the other day, and also my body needs a rest...so I am very happy with the bus decision.
Wow!! I arrived at Baños de M and it is snowing, a climate shock, but beautiful scenery. The albergue is fantastic and here I meet again some of the crazy piligrims that walked many 40+ km per day...and had disappeared. It is very nice to see them again.
Baños is a small town with hot springs.  This afternoon I will going for a hot bath and so looking forward !!
Tomorrow will be a very long day, my longest of 33 km, no option as the only town in between is only 10 km from here and too short of a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment