Sunday, March 12, 2017

Fuente de Cantos : Extremadura

As the name says for this region of Spain, "Extremadura" meaning "extreme and harsh".
This is exactly well described. This morning leaving the albergue was 5 °c and by 1pm 30°
The wind has been blowing all day from the west and I was wearing all my warm clothes including toque and mits. While walking it was comfortable, but when stopping very chilly !
The landscape has also changed. Oak and olive trees are getting very dispersed and more and more shrubs cover the ground transforming it into fields, rolling hills and very few trees.
Pigs and sheep are grazing, many spring babies running to their mothers, as I walk by.

There is no towns in between this 21km strech and I enjoy, in the far distance, seeing the white painted village, that will become my home tonight.
The albergue in Fuente de Cantos is an old convent, transformed as an albergue for the piligrins, it has a nice feeling of history and peacefullness and very clean.
After washing my socks and having a warm shower, I wrap myself in my sleeping bag, close my eyes, listening to the wind howling

 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment