Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Peregrino

Very cold wind, slight rain making the walking so different from a few days ago in the extreme heat. Tomorrow the temperatures are supposed to to go up to sunny +20 
This albergue in "Calzadilla de lis Barros" has heating and tonight there are three of us staying here.

Once you have been a Peregrino, the feeling stays in your heart for ever, and the desire to walk again, always awaiting for the right moment to start.
Most of us walking Via de la Plata, have walked other Caminos. Understanding, as this route is challenging, solitary, long and has extreme weather, with very few villages in between, the walking stages.
The wind continues, and my face feels wind burnt. I do not wish to go outside, as I am so cozy here, but I need to buy some food for tomorrow as tomorrow during the 27 km, there are no villages in between. Just very old olive trees, shapped by the extreme weather with beautifly cultivated vinyards in between.
The soil has changed from dark loam to reddish clay. Water is sparse. I passed two stone wells, very deep with an anciant watering stone basin, beside.
As I walk, step by step, seeing in the distance, the places that I will cross, walk by, and then leave behind, it takes me to all the special family and friends that have been part of my life and now, are no longer phisically here.
 I am walking in my heart, part of this Camino for Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment