Saturday, March 25, 2017

Plasencia

On my way to Baños a couple of days ago, I stoped in Plasencia, a small city also important in the Roman times.
The cathedral is interesting. Part of it is romanic XII century. Romanic style is my favorite. Small simple churches....then next to it, as part of it, the cathedral is gothic style.
Very tall, high column.



You enter Plasencia through a roman archway. The old city is all walled and well preserved.
Right at the entrance way, there were two woman selling freshly picked wild asparagus and bay leaves.
This area of Spain has some of the best sheep, cow and goat cheeses, as well as dried cured meats, jamon and sausages. The aroma as I pass by a shop, takes me right in. I bought two types of jamon and a piece of chesse. 
I wanted to buy more, but always thinking about how to keep my pack the lightest !!!















Plasencia is a small city, that follows the roman route, a very nice roman walking bridge and towers in beetween the stone walls.  Mediaval XVI century buildings and palaces are now used as official buildings.
The people were very nice, curious, as they dont't see many pilgrims, because is not in the camino route.


No comments:

Post a Comment