Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Walking to Zafra - March 13

The wind has not stopped. I am wearing all the warm clothes that I have in layers. An incredible change of temperature drop of more than 15 ° Definately makes the walking so much eassier ! 
My pack weighs about 9 kg and it only feels heavy when I lift it. When it is on my back it quickly becomes part of myself and my walking movement. Great advertising for "Deuter ACT Light". Arrived in Zafra at 1pm, stopped along the way two times for only a few minutes.  The walking was effortless and covered 25 km in 5 hours.

Zafra is my destination, a beautiful small city with history all around. The albergue is a 200 year old three story house that has been beautifly renovated by the association of the amigos of the Camini of Extremadura. The entrance  floors have flower motif tiles, the windows are tall with fine glass. It makes me think of the Catalan Art Nouveaux houses that have been part of my every day life, when I am in Barcelona.
Antonio, the hospitalero (the volunteer that takes care of the albergue) is a very kind man. Soon after we arrive he greets and offer us delicious organic wine, water and jamon tapas. He is an artist, paints, and many of his drawings and paintings hanging on the walls.

As I write in my journal, wrapped in my green sleeping bag, classical music is playing making this monent precious, peaceful and trully enjoyable
.

No comments:

Post a Comment